Re: [E-devel] WARNING! evil fm bug

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 13:10:18 +0200 Nikolas Arend <Nikolas.Arend@gmx.net>
babbled:

> Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:

> >> The commit was regarding permissions, the permissions of the
> >> destination was being used instead of the permissions of the symlink
> >> when it came to allowing the deletion or renaming of that link.  He may
> >> have fixed your evil little bug as a side effect.  Please test, and
> >> throw things at raster if it's still broken.
> >>

> > mmm that'll be because it uses the ecore_file recursive delete - and that
> > follows symlinks... i suspect it shouldn't.follow them... will change :)
> >

> Taking the risk of sounding very stupid... is this about the file
> selection dialog that one gets when e.g. editing an app icon or about
> the new built-in file manager? If the latter is true, how do I get the
> fm? Since the "Test file manager" entry from the configuration menu is
> gone, I cannot find any way to launch it.

it is used as the list of wallpapers in the wallpaper dialog
it is the list of themes in the theme dialog
it is the list of wallapers in the desklock advanced bg selector
it is the list of init splash screens
it is the picture import dialog for the wallaper config
it is the lists of apps in the all applications dialogs
it is the icon selector in the app selector dialog...

it's hiding in oh so many places. that was the POINT of doing a fm - if done
right it doubles as file selector and we will recycle it everywhere. it's not
us wanting to compete with nautilus or entropy or evidence etc. etc. it's a
need for a file selector - or anything that selects something that is based on
a list of files in 1 or more dirs. fm2 is sufficiently done to serve as a list
file selector with manual refresh. it needs more work- and that work will go
int it over time.