Re: [E-devel] WARNING! evil fm bug

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 13:21:28 +1000 David Seikel <onefang@gmail.com> babbled:
>

>> On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 21:47:08 -0500 brian.mattern@gmail.com wrote:
>>

>>> As a heads up, deleting a favorite from the file dialog in e17 is
>>> broken (at least was a few days ago). Instead of removing the
>>> symlink, it starts to remove the dir pointed to.
>>> If that happens to be important and you ahve write permission to
>>> it....
>>>
>>> I think raster may have fixed this already (I saw a commit regarding
>>> symlinks, but didn't look in detail). Just in case he didn't, you've
>>> been warned.
>>>
>>> Now raster, I want my Applications (mac) back! :)
>>>
>> The commit was regarding permissions, the permissions of the
>> destination was being used instead of the permissions of the symlink
>> when it came to allowing the deletion or renaming of that link.  He may
>> have fixed your evil little bug as a side effect.  Please test, and
>> throw things at raster if it's still broken.
>>

> mmm that'll be because it uses the ecore_file recursive delete - and that
> follows symlinks... i suspect it shouldn't.follow them... will change :)

Taking the risk of sounding very stupid... is this about the file
selection dialog that one gets when e.g. editing an app icon or about
the new built-in file manager? If the latter is true, how do I get the
fm? Since the "Test file manager" entry from the configuration menu is
gone, I cannot find any way to launch it.

Thanks, Nick.