Re: [E-devel] New patch for entranced and entrance

Eugen Minciu wrote:
On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:29:08 +0100
Essien Ita Essien <essien@wazobialinux.com> wrote:

Well .. then maybe we shouldn't clearenv() in the first place? We may not need to, since setenv(x,y,1) is called, which overwrites the var's contents anyway. I didn't want to try it before because I suspected clearenv() was there for good reasons (and it feels right, too).

However, it's strange you should mention this .. there is:
entrance_auth_setup_environment(Entrance_Auth * e, const char *display, const char *path)
so the display is sent as a paramter and it _should be_ set by the function itself.

Could you investigate this a bit further? I'm willing to try not clearenv() - ing but it may introduce some even subtler (and weirder) problems. If you think it shouldn't though I'll try it out later on tonight, when I've some free time on my hands.

clearenv must stay. The user must not inherit any environment from entrance.

Sebastian