Re: [E-devel] New patch for entranced and entrance

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 23:49:40 +0100
Essien Ita Essien <essiene@datavibe.net> wrote:

Indeed. But it seems that just passing the environ pointer to an execve() call is not sufficient. What bash -l does is invoke /etc/profile ~/.bash_profile etc.

So I need a way to parse those files (at least from a command line).
The problems comes from the fact that my torture shell of the day (dash) does not implement a '-l' option.

While I can easily run any other shell besides dash (and right now I run bash, for the time being), doing so does not hide the problem. It may be possible that other shells besides dash do not implement the -l option either.

But for now, just applying the part of the patch that reffers to src/daemon/entranced_display.c means Entrance will work for shells that don't do SIGUSR1 but _do_ implement a -l option. So this may actually do some good (not sure though).