Re: [E-devel] Entranced does not start entrance properly

On 8/27/06, Eugen Minciu <minciue@gmail.com> wrote:
Fixed it.
Here's a patch that runs /bin/bash first.

If that doesn't work execl should return so the next line should run after that ( execl("/bin/sh", ...)

I also found the same issue when entrace starts the session. The same fix finally got everything working corectly.

BTW, I'm new to this patching thing ... Should I have ran cvs diff -u in e17/apps/entrance so both files would have been inside the same diff?

FYI I'm already changing this code to use bash in entrance in
OpenEmbedded because the default shell is busybox which doesn't handle
the SIGUSR1 as well.

http://www.openembedded.org/repo/org.openembedded.dev/packages/e17/entrance/use-bash.patch

--
Justin Patrin