Re: [E-devel] Suspend functionality for Entrance

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 00:01:20 -0500 "Nathan Ingersoll" <ningerso@gmail.com>
> babbled:
>

> <snip>
> i think that maybe we need several layers.
>
> 1. check pam as you suggested IF the halt/reboot/susbped/cpufreq pam profile is
> there - if not go to second step
> 2. check if user is logged in on the console
> 3. check for a magic file (/etc/enlightenment/nohalt as a quick example) - if
> it exists - deny halt or reboot or whatever (we can work out the filenames
> later)
>
> ?

yup. soundz about right to me (with my limited knowledge of UNIX
security programming :) ).

Is this still looking like an exec out to a script? Anyone that is
taking this up will need to take this all into consideration. Also you
may want to look at how GNOME and KDE solve these issues, I think if I
VNC into GNOME on FC5 for instance, I can't shutdown/reboot.

Good Luck! ;)

cheers,
Essien