Re: [E-devel] Window Minimize = Window Close

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 16:18:40 +0000 (UTC) "Peter" <sw98234@hotmail.com> babbled:

> On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 09:03:15 -0500, brian.mattern wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 10:23:50AM +0000, Peter wrote:
> >> On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 13:41:30 +0900, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman)
> >> wrote:
> >> snip...

> > I had added the new signal bindings inside an IFCFG for the latest
> > version... and I don't think I ever had to delete my configs while
> > working on it, so I assumed that was enough. Guess not :(
> >>
> >> Yes, it was necessary to clean out config. Sort of sad since all my
> >> settings and window placements were nuked too. Oh well. This corrected the
> >> minimize problem. Thx.
> >>

> > Unfortunately, that's life with unreleased software :(
>
> I do understand. What _would_ be nice is some kind of notice that config
> needs to be deleted or something along those lines. Because otherwise,
> what you'll get are bug reports that really aren't. I see someone on .user
> now reported a similar problem. So, my $0.02 is that when structural
> changes occur that affect configuration or other user files, at least
> announce it.

we do have notice - rephorm should have increased the config major version.
minor version increases mean no config wipe - simply add new values and set
their defaults. if you need to go back and change the meaning of previously
used/set values - then you do need a major version jump. i'll bump that up.

from e_config.h:

/* increment this whenever we change config enough that you need new
 * defaults for e to work.
 */
#define E_CONFIG_FILE_EPOCH      0x0000

i am bumping it up to 0x00001