Re: [E-devel] Suspend functionality for Entrance

Eugen Minciu wrote:
On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 18:08:52 +0000
Hannes Janetzek <rastamasta@gmx.de> wrote:

This sounds good too. It would be even better as a module, I think. I'm waiting for some other opinions on this subject and if other people agree, I'll try to start writing it in a few days.
For what its worth, this is my 2cents take on this:

The ability to suspend is good from inside E, from Entrance and also from Desklock. There are times when you want to suspend at any of those points. My thinking is that this functionality should be available centrally for anyone (any app) to use. This means a library that is in one of the core EFL, like and Ecore_System [ecore_system_suspend(...), ecore_system_reboot(...), ecore_system_wtf(!) ;) etc]? I dunno. If that were done, it would be highly trivial to add the functionality to any point... even if you wanted to suspend from irssi while poking your tongue at raster ;)

So I'll say, probably go ahead and start with the module. But try to make the core easy to reuse, then we'll find a way to *lobby* that functionality into EFL main :)

Cheers,
Essien
Am Thu, 24 Aug 2006 18:43:58 +0300