Re: [E-devel] E CVS: e kwo

Sebastian Dransfeld wrote:
I begun adding some sync stuff to ecore_x. Couldn't you complete that instead? So e17 could benefit from it in time too.

I think I'll try to get it right in e16 first since I'm a lot more familiar with that code :)

The big thing here is not what to put in ecore_x but how to do the synchronization after having sent the SYNC_REQUEST client message in the WM. There are a number of different ways to it, and the one I have working (I think) in e16 (using XSyncAwait, final bits not committed) is much simpler than and very different from the one (using Alarms) you seem to have been working on in e17.

I'm not even sure it's worth while implementing the SYNC_REQUEST stuff. It doesn't seem to make much difference to me.

/Kim