Re: [E-devel] Suspend functionality for Entrance

Am Thu, 24 Aug 2006 18:43:58 +0300
schrieb Eugen Minciu <minciue@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to add functionality for a 'suspend to disk' feature in
> Entrance, on Linux boxes. Right now, I'd like to allow this using
> uswsusp, which is the easiest to set up (it does require a very new
> Linux kernel version though). Of course, it should also be easy to
> setup for swsusp2.
>
> Suspend to RAM could also be used with uswsusp, though I'm not sure
> about swsusp2.
>
> Also, I'm not aware of 'suspend to whatever' status in FreeBSD or any
> other supported operating systems at the moment.

Hm, I don´t think entrance would be the best place for this
funtionality, since suspend is normaly used to resume to all open
applications in their current state.

But a module would be really nice :) I thought about doing such a
module. With config for what should happen on acpi events like
lid-open/close, etc, etc..

If you start making a module, I could do the suspend2 stuff, since it is
the only method that works for me.

Regards,
Hannes