Re: [E-devel] Remember Window Positions applies to all child windows too

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 13:29:57 +0000 (UTC) "Peter" <sw98234@hotmail.com> babbled:

> Using latest cvs e17 + libs
>
> With Evolution-2.6, If I remember an application's window size and
> position, any child windows that open, such as an input form, calendar
> item, email, etc. also open to the same dimensions as the parent. I ran
> xprop on the parent and children windows, and the WM_CLASS is the same
> though the WM_ICON_NAMEs are different. Is this an EVO issue? Or is there
> a way for E to determine the difference?
>
> IMO, proper behavior should be that child windows open to their defaults,
> not to the size of the parent. Is there a way for E to distinguish?

that's why in the advanced remember there are options to also use title, window
type and transient status. i could add icon name i guess too, but some apps
just don't lend themselves to being remembered as they dont make ti easy to
tell windows apart.