Re: [E-devel] Remember Window Positions applies to all child windows too

In the Remember dialog box, if you hit advanced and check the "Window
name and class" under "Remember using", the window will be remembered
by its WM_ICON_NAME.
This'll probably work in Evolution because the WM_ICON_NAME doesnt change.
However, Firefox changes its WM_ICON_NAME everytime you visit a new
website, so there's no way to get around that.

--Sthitha

On 8/23/06, Peter <sw98234@hotmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 13:29:57 +0000, Peter wrote:

> Using latest cvs e17 + libs
>
> With Evolution-2.6, If I remember an application's window size and
> position, any child windows that open, such as an input form, calendar
> item, email, etc. also open to the same dimensions as the parent. I ran
> xprop on the parent and children windows, and the WM_CLASS is the same
> though the WM_ICON_NAMEs are different. Is this an EVO issue? Or is there
> a way for E to determine the difference?
>
> IMO, proper behavior should be that child windows open to their defaults,
> not to the size of the parent. Is there a way for E to distinguish?

Firefox exhibits this behavior too.

--
Peter
+++++