Re: [E-devel] Resizing Edje Parts - on the road to entrance preview

Simon TRENY wrote:
On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 23:32:56 +0900,
Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <raster@rasterman.com> wrote :

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 16:11:52 +0200 Simon TRENY <simon.treny@free.fr>
babbled:

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 14:36:05 +0100,
Essien Ita Essien <essien@wazobialinux.com> wrote :

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 13:55:45 +0100 Essien Ita Essien
<essien@wazobialinux.com> babbled:

no attachment :)

but - note the livethumb uses a BUFFER canvas - it sets the
resolution of the BUFFER canvas to be higher than the output.
make this resolution high enough (eg 800x600) and evas will
scale that 800x600 "buffer" canvas down to the size of the
output of the preview. that is how the livethumb works.
ahhhh.... that was what CodeWarrior was talking about when he
said I could use a buffer... neat. ok.. i'm going back to grok
e_livethumb with an eye to steal this new information. :)
If you use the buffer engine to do that, you won't be able interact
with the mouse (I think you said you wanted that), or you'll have to
feed the events yourself (a bit painful).
ecore_evas provides a buffer canvas wrapper that returns an evas
image object and does all the event feeding for you :)

Oh.. Great :)

kewl! very kewl! i don't have to do any dirty work then :)
Simon

thnx.
Hiya Everybody,

I've been on a slow road to building a real preview object for entrance_edit_gui. The idea is to always show the full
entrance in a small preview window, complete with all the edje
effects that the theme or background may have to offer.
Eventually too, complete with the greetings, etc.  Right now
though, all i just want is to display (obviously :) ).

Raster and Codewarrior asked me to look thru e_livethumb
subsystem. And I discovered i knew nothing of Esmarts and
coding that the evas layer, so I went to fix that and I'm
better in that regard now. Here I'm attaching
minientrance.tar.gz (NOTE: THE ENTRANCE THEME FILE I USED IS
HARDCODED, PLEASE MODIFY B4 YOU COMPILE) which is a complete
esmart object for entrance that i'm playing with to understand
the problem (apparently, there's an incomplete and not used
entrance_smart object in entrance right now, but its well...
not quite in use, so its rusty).

The main problem I have with this smart object and infact, in
general is that when I load the edje, the main login box,
refuses to resize below its min geometry. I do not know if its
possible to *force* an edje part to resize below its min width
or so.  If you compile minientrance, and resize the window,
you'll notice the box just refuses to resize with the rest of
the ui.

What I was aiming at doing is to instantiate the entrance_smart
obj, and give it a size say 100x50, and have it render itself
properly as a preview. When I then change the theme or
background in the gui config tool, I'll just make the esmart
object refresh itself. Basically, i guess once the smart
object works well, its all ok. the next issue will be loading
it in an etk/ewl canvas or something. But that's another
story :)

Am I on the right track? Someone, smack me on the head with a solution/idea :)

cheers,
Essien