Re: [E-devel] (E16) "label" of the structure "DialogDef" in dialog.h

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 08:55:41 +0200,
   Kim Woelders <kim@woelders.dk> wrote:

| Yasufumi Haga wrote:
| > Hello
| >
| > I'm sort of curious about something.
| > There are some entries in ja.po file which don't appear
| > anywhere in e16 environment such as:
| >
| > #: src/desktops.c:2648
| > msgid "Areas"
| > msgstr ""
| >
| > and
| >
| > #: src/settings.c:384
| > msgid "Placement"
| > msgstr ""
| >
| > and so on.
| >
| > I think those strings seem to be stored in "label" of
| > DialogDef structure, but it looks like it is not used
| > anywhere in e16 sources. What use does "label" have?
| > I mean, I can't tell whether they should be translated
| > or not because the use of "label" is unknown to me,
| > though they are contained in the .po file, they are not
| > appeared anywhere in e16. I guess it may be unnecessary
| > to translate them.
| >
| Correct, these aren't used yet. However, I'll soon commit some stuff
| that allows combining the various configuration dialogs in to one, where
| is it possible to select the individual configuration panels by pressing
| buttons with the labels you found.

Good morning, Kim

Your explanation completely cleared my problem.
The "label" is used as a label on a button :)
And the new all-in-one settings dialog looks very cool!
Thanks for your explanation and work!

---
"Thank you for telling me the truth."  --- HAL9000 in "2010"
 Yasufumi Haga   yasufumi.haga@nifty.com
                 http://homepage3.nifty.com/peterpan/
 fingerprint:0EFA 299A BC32 7D68 1FEF  BA2B 804E 9B15 C4F0 F9F0