Re: [E-devel] e: Using freedesktop.org .desktop files.

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 03:43:38 +1000 David Seikel <onefang@gmail.com> babbled:

> On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 12:20:02 GMT "jose_ogp@juno.com"
> <jose_ogp@juno.com> wrote:
>
> > 	I've attached a librsvg based svg loader for evas in case
> > you might find it useful.. it uses a scale of 90 dpi for rendering,
> > and needs librsvg >= 2.13.
> >
> > 	If you want to give this a try, you will have to add it to
> > evas... then test it, and possibly debug it.. :(   I've not had, and
> > likely won't have, a chance to do so anytime soon.
>
> Looks like raster committed this before I got a chance to look it
> over.  I'm updating right now, and I'll give it a try.  The fdo icon
> code had already had svg added to it's searching, so everything should
> be in place now.

beware. this is relatively inefficient for icons. the resulting evas images are
generally big (1000x1000 or bigger). i need to:

1. add api to evas itself to provide  size "hints" to loaders (load at size XxY
at maximum and retain aspect) as well as dpi hints (you will want both
eventually).
2. add api to loaders to be able to do this.
3. actually use this api in the svg loader
4. for shits & giggles try it in the jpeg loader too :)