Re: [E-devel] cvs, servers and stuff.

On 8/17/06, Chady Kassouf <chady.kassouf@gmail.com> wrote:

On 8/17/06, The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler <raster@rasterman.com> wrote:

> personally i would have no problem in a server-side auto-build of
tarballs.
> what do people think? should we perhaps have the anoncvs server do daily
(or
> maybe several times per day) builds of packages? not rpm or deb but "make
> dist"; ie something like the following run maybe every 4 or 8 hours? once
a day?

I think that while this option might be useful for load, it takes a lot more
bandwidth, and is bad for users, as they would have to download hundreds of
megabytes each time a 1 Kb patch is in.

I vote for the cvs mirrors as at least it's easier on the user's AND the
server's bandwidth.

I totally agree and second that vote.

--
Hisham Mardam Bey