Re: [E-devel] wallpaper & theme dialogs

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 03:47:54PM +0300, Eugen Minciu wrote:
> Maybe a little out of context but Aleksej wrote:
>
> > So, from the user perspective, I have to "think" - what is going on, and
> > which bg is the current. iirc, the ideology of good gui is "make user to
> > think as less as possible".
>
> It works that way for MS Windows, I guess. But it's not a good ui policy.

Do not agree, that this works just for M$. I think if u take MacOSX you
will find this ideology, since iirc M$ basically copies many gui things
from Mac.

> A good UI policy is 'Make the default something that the majority likes and can work with easily and make it easy for people who don't to change it to their liking.'

Well, I agree with this statement about majority. But I do not ask
to make this dialog as big, that it would be able to list 100-ds of
bgs/themes. No! I'm just saying that if the size will be increased
a little bit, then it will be much easier to use it and the use will
require less actions from user.. Again, this is just my opinion. :)