Re: [E-devel] cvs, servers and stuff.

On 8/17/06, The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler <raster@rasterman.com> wrote:

personally i would have no problem in a server-side auto-build of tarballs.
what do people think? should we perhaps have the anoncvs server do daily (or
maybe several times per day) builds of packages? not rpm or deb but "make
dist"; ie something like the following run maybe every 4 or 8 hours? once a day?

I think that while this option might be useful for load, it takes a lot more bandwidth, and is bad for users, as they would have to download hundreds of megabytes each time a 1 Kb patch is in.

I vote for the cvs mirrors as at least it's easier on the user's AND the server's bandwidth.

--
Chady 'Leviathan' Kassouf
http://chady.net/