Re: [E-devel] Fw: [e-users] compiling ecore on a system running 2.4.x kernel

Stafford Horne wrote:
Hello, I had this conversation on the E Users list and got no response. Basically some users are complaining that ecore doesn't build on some systems unless you disable ecore-fb. My opinion is that we should disable ecore-fb by default until someone fixes the ecore-fb section of the configure.in to correctly detect the linux event header files.
I have already made the code change on my system and I am ready to commit it.  Does anyone have any objections? Is anyone going to have serious problems if I disable ecore-fb by default?

-Stafford

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 22:38:47 +0900 (JST)
Yasufumi Haga <yasufumi.haga@nifty.com> wrote:

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 20:14:51 +0800,
   Stafford Horne <shorne@softhome.net> wrote:

| On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 00:09:37 +0900 (JST)
| Yasufumi Haga <yasufumi.haga@nifty.com> wrote:
| | > I'm trying to compile the latest ecore on my system
| > running 2.4.32 kernel, but it fails because there's
| > no symbol like `EV_SYN', `EV_FF_STATUS' or `EV_PWR'
| > in my system. They seem to be defined in a kernel
| > higher than 2.5.x.
| > --disable-ecore-evas-fb option and
| > --disable-ecore-fb option to autogen.sh to compile
| > ecore successfully on my 2.4.32 kernel system.
| > ...except for upgrading the version of the kernel:)
| | This is the way that I am getting around this problem. I am also getting this error and I am using the a late kernel 2.6.28. | | The real problem is that the person who added the fb changes did not correctly setup the configure.in to make sure builders have the required headers before building the fb code. I suggest that for now we just set fb to OFF by default in the configure.in. | | Does anybody object to turning off Ecore_FB by default until someone fixes the configure.in? Of course it could still be enabled by doing --enable-ecore-fb.
It sounds good to me :)

---
"Thank you for telling me the truth."  --- HAL9000 in "2010"
 Yasufumi Haga   yasufumi.haga@nifty.com
                 http://homepage3.nifty.com/peterpan/
 fingerprint:0EFA 299A BC32 7D68 1FEF  BA2B 804E 9B15 C4F0 F9F0