Re: [E-devel] cvs, servers and stuff.

On 8/17/06, Lyle Kempler <term-e1@twistedpath.org> wrote:
Personally I don't get why we're not creating nightly diffs and a
tarball once a week and letting people use that (it's not exactly
difficult to script). I highly doubt most users care about checkins in
the last few hours, and I suggested doing so I think way back in January
on IRC..

Actually they are. You'd be surprised how many people build E (and
related stuff) multiple times a day from anoncvs. Again, I agree with
the majority that is suggesting the mirrors idea. CVS has its quirks
here and there, but its been doing everything we wanted for a long
time. I think that having a 2 or 3 anoncvs mirrors should solve our
problems.

--
Hisham Mardam Bey
MSc (Computer Science)