Re: [E-devel] wallpaper & theme dialogs

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 17:16:34 +0000 Aleksej Struk <astruk@gmail.com> babbled:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm currently compiled the lates E cvs, and tried wallpaper and theme
> dialogs. So, I have some comments on them. IMHO the wallpaper/theme
> list is too small in height and width. It is quite hard to navigate it,
> at least for me, since I have to scroll the list too much. For example I
> have 5 themes installed, and I can see just two of theme in the
> selector. My current theme is the one before the last in the list. So,
> order to set the first theme I have to scroll the list. Would not be
> better to make these selector lists bigger, at least in height? Then I
> think the navigation would be much easier.

you do know the dialog is resizable?
you do know you can use "remember" to remember your last size/location...

the dialog is small by default so people stuck in 640x480 on vga screens can
at least USE the UI - unlike other desktops environment (gnome, kde, windows
xp) where some dialogs - especially ones for doing things like changing screen
resolution - do not fit in 640x480. you can't click "ok" to change resolution
in windows xp for example.

these are bad design errors. thus by default we try keep our dialogs within
640x480. you are always free to resize the dialog to make it bigger. you can
ask e to remember this for you :)