Re: [E-devel] cvs, servers and stuff.

On 8/15/06, Michael Jennings <e-devel@kainx.org> wrote:

I'd also be interested in comparisons of incremental checkouts.  As I
understand it, Git trees are complete repositories, not just
checkouts.  So a checkout-to-checkout comparison is unfair as Git is
downloading a crapload more data (history and such).

Thanks!
Michael

Do we have any current statistics about the load on a CVS mirror?
Might be easier to find more mirrors if we can give them some idea
what sort of bandwidth, disk use and CPU load they can expect.

Thanks,
Nathan