Re: [E-devel] cvs, servers and stuff.

On Tuesday, 15 August 2006, at 19:01:54 (+1000),
David Seikel wrote:

> Your anti-SVN message is starting to sound like it's coming from
> someone that hasn't actually run a SVN server recently.

I admin 2 and am a developer on a third.  But by all means, please
feel free to continue assuming I must not know what I'm talking about
because my opinion differs with yours.  It's much easier to write me
off than to actually consider what I have to say.

Like the guy who tried to explain to me what tagging is, why a copy
really is a tag, and how to use "svn switch" as though I were a
cluebie.  Very cute.

> Tagging and branching, when was the last time either occurred to E?

July 17th or so...at least that's the most recent a cursory search
found.  Why do you ask?

On Tuesday, 15 August 2006, at 16:55:50 (+0100),
Shish wrote:

> I was just about to say the same thing; the only thing I lack is a
> suitably huge CVS repository to start with -- is there any way for
> me to make a local mirror of E's whole repository?

Rsync access is provided to the complete anoncvs repository.

rsync anoncvs.enlightenment.org::anoncvs/e/

Includes revision history and everything.

Michael

 "That's why C++ is so disappointing:  it does nothing to address some
  of the most fundamental problems in C, and its most important
  addition (classes) builds on the deficient C type model."
                       -- Peter Van Der Linden, "Expert C Programming"