Re: [E-devel] cvs, servers and stuff.

On 8/14/06, The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler <raster@rasterman.com>

1. devel "cvs" server + future web server (for downloads too of official
tarballs etc.)
2. an anonymous "cvs" server and possibly second download mirror.

so 2 systems really.

i hear that svn is significantly less load for anonymous access - even
developer - who has experience with this server-side? can you confirm or deny?
i would consider a possible move to svn if we can keep our history from cvs.

so - let the flames begin.

What about git? You can easily move cvs history over to git.

--
things i hate about my linux pc:

1. it takes more than a second to boot up
2. keeps asking about filenames and directories
3. does not remember what i was working on yesterday
4. does not remember all the changes i have ever made
5.cannot figure out necessary settings by itself