Re: [E-devel] cvs, servers and stuff.

On 8/14/06, The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler <raster@rasterman.com> wrote:
On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 09:01:06 +1000 David Seikel <onefang@gmail.com> babbled:

> Strangely enough, another large, old open source project I am involved
> in is having exactly the same conversation.  One of them came up with
> this -
>
> http://wiki.metalforge.net/doku.php/user:rednaxela:scmtable
>
> It may be helpful.

mercurial looks god there - but svn is the easiest learning curve :)

I feel compelled to mention monotone as I use it for a few projects. I
personally like it quite a bit but it's still being fairly heavily
changed (although they do a real good job of making the upgrade path
easy).

http://venge.net/monotone

It's also fully distributed, which may or may not be a good thing
depending on what you want. (Each user has their own copy of the
entire history, it is not possible to just have a checkout.)

--
Justin Patrin