Re: [E-devel] cvs, servers and stuff.

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 09:01:06 +1000 David Seikel <onefang@gmail.com> babbled:
>
>> Strangely enough, another large, old open source project I am involved
>> in is having exactly the same conversation.  One of them came up with
>> this -
>>
>> http://wiki.metalforge.net/doku.php/user:rednaxela:scmtable
>>
>> It may be helpful.
>
> mercurial looks god there - but svn is the easiest learning curve :)

I may be little off topic. But as a novice in sys admin. I found lot
more easier to config svn then cvs. I try to test BDB filesystem and
also FSFS and found no trouble dumping from BDB to FSFS, managing
concurrent branches against trunk and taging branches and trunk to a
given TAG so that you and up with several build possible out of
checkout. Cause of the little overhead I didn't try all those with CVS
so my comment may not help. For as little I have read, I can't even know
where all this going. Is there some people wanting to migrate to svn.

For such I may only say : why broking something that working? If you do
found something problematic, find the solution, and solution don't mean
replacement but neither discard it.

My 2 cent,
LMA1980