Re: [E-devel] Evas 'shaped' gradient type

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 08:07:09 GMT "jose_ogp@juno.com" <jose_ogp@juno.com>
babbled:

> > > Not from me, sorry..  :(   Feel free to use it or let it go
> > > as you wish.
> >
> > who wants to have a go at this?  :)
> >

> 	You once asked me to take evas off your plate, and I told
> you that I couldn't, and shouldn't, do that.
> 	There are many things about 'maintaining' such a programing
> project that I don't know about, and frankly I don't want to know
> about - I'm just not interested.
> 	For those kinds of things, and *many* others, your involvement
> is crucial to the welfare of evas.
>
> 	However, for quite a few other things, I've come to feel
> that you are actually a detriment, rather than a help, to that lib.

mostly due to having enough on my plate when i get patches - it takes me
forever to go over them - yours tend to be enormous - thus they end up on the
bottom of my list (and often contain lots of untested stuff that breaks :() for
this i am trying to get off my plate some mechanical "add api call that passes
in file, key and params" as separate options work off my plate. ie - you wrote
code that offer a feature - GREAT! but the api level access to that feature
presents problems. there is a good reason we split off key and filenames long
ago instead of merging them - at the api level. internally - is an internal
matter. the api gets set in stone - the internals are always fixable later :)

as per the other things we have discussed - i have erred on the side of minimal
breakage as we now have a tonne of code depending on evas's api - and changing
it all is a large mass of work. alternately we could just never write e or any
app and forever fiddle with the lib and it's api and internals.

evas has reached that state of "good enough" but can definitely improve - it's
a dangerous state to be in - and i know just why - as it's "good enough" to
build on and that is just what is happening - at it, in turn, is getting
neglected. it suffers from "too many engines". too many api's to keep in sync.

yes it needs love - but i don't have the time to give it the love it deserves.
i have to come and go from it. i generally haven't stopped a lot from happening
to evas - except that your patches tend to be massive efforts and they sit in
my queue forever. :)