Re: [E-devel] Using freedesktop.org .desktop files.

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 18:39:37 -0700 Blake Barnett <shadoi@nanovoid.com> babbled:

> On Aug 11, 2006, at 12:53 AM, jose_ogp@juno.com wrote:
>

> > 	Carsten writes:
> >
> >> XPM is not hard - loader is in imlbi2 - can be snarfed in.
> >> svg - well - a bigger issue - but i think we can avoid it for
> >> now and just display "default" icons in place. as long the the
> >> "icon finder" routine will return null when no icon can be
> >> found given the params - the code can fall back  :)
> >
> > 	I can port the xpm loader over if no one else wants to do
> > so (I thought someone had done this already?).
> >
> > 	As far as the svg loading:  We've already mentioned using
> > librsvg for that - I can give it a try and see how well it can
> > be made to work if no one else wants to do so..
>
> I don't think anyone would be happy to see Evas depending on GTK/GDK
> etc.  Like Raster said, Evas already does 90% of what SVG requires,

no for svg rendering we have maybe 10% of what is needed... also librsvg would
be optional - as png, jpeg, eet, edb, gif and tiff loaders are optional. e17
itself may mandate evas has certain modules available for functionality though.

right now i'd want to go for the solution of - if we can't load an svg, we fall
back to finding a png or some other format icon - or just display a placeholder
image.