Re: [E-devel] Using freedesktop.org .desktop files.

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 00:53:28 GMT "jose_ogp@juno.com" <jose_ogp@juno.com>
babbled:

> 	Carsten writes:
>
> > XPM is not hard - loader is in imlbi2 - can be snarfed in.
> > svg - well - a bigger issue - but i think we can avoid it for
> > now and just display "default" icons in place. as long the the
> > "icon finder" routine will return null when no icon can be
> > found given the params - the code can fall back  :)
>
> 	I can port the xpm loader over if no one else wants to do
> so (I thought someone had done this already?).
>
> 	As far as the svg loading:  We've already mentioned using
> librsvg for that - I can give it a try and see how well it can
> be made to work if no one else wants to do so..
>
> 	As to the issue of loading images at some specified size:
>   First, let me note that svg docs do have an intrinsic size that
> one can read form the doc.. it's just that the w, h can be given
> in all sorts of units -- inches, cm, pts,... even user coord units
> (aka pixels).
> 	I believe that librsvg will either read the display dpi or
> assume a default value (likely 90 for both x and y), or allow one
> to set them, and then uses this to return pixel sizes for the image
> size. It also seems to allow one to set the pixel size to render
> the doc at - using whatever default dpi is set as a reference
> I presume, and then I'd guess by scaling that rendered result to
> the requested size.
>
> 	As to having a mechanism in evas for specifying a size to
> load an image at:  We can do that.. But for now it may be better
> to simply load it at its advertised size (and that will hold for
> svg docs as well - as mentioned above), and then just set the fill
> and obj size accordingly.. ?

svg's dont necessarily define a size in pixels - u need some mapping. and then
even that is dubious. i think we just need to add the api call and then use the
data if the loader can do it. :)