Re: [E-devel] [Entrance] SELinux integration

Mivz wrote:
Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 10:37:52 -0500 (CDT) "Ibukun Olumuyiwa"
<ibukun@computer.org> babbled:

*Suddenly appears out of nowhere*

NO.

No blatant copying of gdm code, even with permission. Study the algorithm
and reimplement it, but don't copy blocks of code from GDM. Everything
needs to be written from scratch. That's always been the design philosophy
from the beginning -- a lot of stuff in Entrance is taken from GDM
architecture/algorithm-wise, but I always took care to make sure I didn't
copy code explicitly to avoid licensing problems.

Great catch btw, Raster. Thanks.
thanks ibukun - entrance is your baby after all and your word should be final :)

note - that function is not very long. it would be easy to write again. just
examine the algorithm - check what can be re-done in different logic statements
or different order (if it can) and use different variables etc.  because it is
so short - it will still be similar to the gdm function - but you should be
just copying the algorithm an using it as a reference for "oooh so THAT is the
magic function in selinux that i need to call!". :)

Yes, that's exactly what I was looking for. But I found a exact match of
what I needed. So I copied it. I will rewrite the function from scratch
and send it with the policy files. But, after I am done with my
graduation project, which is in fact a open source project. Much better
than exams :)

Harrie
If i finish other things intime, or if i get bored one afternoon i may just do it (though i doubt it, i'm too darn lazy for my own good, I mean, there's so much anime out there to d/l and watch - Bleach anyone? ;) ). Somehow though, I think this will be waiting for you when you're done :)