Re: [E-devel] [Entrance] SELinux integration

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 10:37:52 -0500 (CDT) "Ibukun Olumuyiwa"
> <ibukun@computer.org> babbled:
>
>> *Suddenly appears out of nowhere*
>>
>> NO.
>>
>> No blatant copying of gdm code, even with permission. Study the algorithm
>> and reimplement it, but don't copy blocks of code from GDM. Everything
>> needs to be written from scratch. That's always been the design philosophy
>> from the beginning -- a lot of stuff in Entrance is taken from GDM
>> architecture/algorithm-wise, but I always took care to make sure I didn't
>> copy code explicitly to avoid licensing problems.
>>
>> Great catch btw, Raster. Thanks.
>
> thanks ibukun - entrance is your baby after all and your word should be final :)
>
> note - that function is not very long. it would be easy to write again. just
> examine the algorithm - check what can be re-done in different logic statements
> or different order (if it can) and use different variables etc.  because it is
> so short - it will still be similar to the gdm function - but you should be
> just copying the algorithm an using it as a reference for "oooh so THAT is the
> magic function in selinux that i need to call!". :)

Yes, that's exactly what I was looking for. But I found a exact match of
what I needed. So I copied it. I will rewrite the function from scratch
and send it with the policy files. But, after I am done with my
graduation project, which is in fact a open source project. Much better
than exams :)

Harrie