Re: [E-devel] Using freedesktop.org .desktop files.

On Aug 11, 2006, at 12:53 AM, jose_ogp@juno.com wrote:

	Carsten writes:

XPM is not hard - loader is in imlbi2 - can be snarfed in.
svg - well - a bigger issue - but i think we can avoid it for
now and just display "default" icons in place. as long the the
"icon finder" routine will return null when no icon can be
found given the params - the code can fall back  :)

	I can port the xpm loader over if no one else wants to do
so (I thought someone had done this already?).

	As far as the svg loading:  We've already mentioned using
librsvg for that - I can give it a try and see how well it can
be made to work if no one else wants to do so..

I don't think anyone would be happy to see Evas depending on GTK/GDK etc. Like Raster said, Evas already does 90% of what SVG requires, it's just the last bit is a pain to do because it's a special case. (At least that's how I read what he said. :) )

-Blake