Re: [E-devel] Using freedesktop.org .desktop files.

BTW, raster is pulling my strings behind the scenes to get me to do
this changeover, so I'll be coping all the flak coz people in here
tend to ignore discussion until code is committed, then bitch about it
afterwards.

So I just want you all to know that I will be letting .eaps
and .desktop files co exist for a while, and I will put in some
instrumentation to see how fast both are.  I want the new .desktop
stuff to run just as fast as the current .eap stuff, so timing results
will be useful while I optomise and cache things.

Never forget that I invented the eap torture test and bugged raster
about it, so performance is important to me.