Re: [E-devel] Using freedesktop.org .desktop files.

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 21:36:04 GMT "jose_ogp@juno.com" <jose_ogp@juno.com> babbled:

> > > That sounds like a big load of dependencies just to turn vectors
> > > into rasters.
> >
> > Sure, but it would be an optional dependency. Both KDE and Gnome
> > use librsvg, so anyone who needs svg icons would likely already
> > have it installed.
> >
> > As always, there's a tradeoff between dependencies and duplication
> > of effort. As discussed before, fully implementing the SVG spec is
> > a load of work no one really wants at the moment.
>
> 	The cairo dependency is fine since hopefully it'll become
> a 'main' evas engine.. But it's unfortunate that librsvg has to go
> thru glib and gdk.. ideally it would keep to a min of xml related
> libs say, and draw to a cairo surface say.

actually - cairo is unlikely to become a main engine - just because it's extra
work with no gain. we use what cairo uses directly ourselves already. this
gives us better control and better performance. :)