Re: [E-devel] Using freedesktop.org .desktop files.

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 02:33:29AM +1000, David Seikel wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 03:18:41 GMT "jose_ogp@juno.com" <jose_ogp@juno.com>
> wrote:

> > means rendering some static SVG doc at some scale and then using
> > that rendered image.. There are libs that can do that, the most
> > commonly used by some seems to be 'librsvg', which latest version
> > seems to use Cairo for the rendering (and various other libs as
> > well.. including glib and gdk I believe).
>
> That sounds like a big load of dependencies just to turn vectors into
> rasters.

Sure, but it would be an optional dependency. Both KDE and Gnome use
librsvg, so anyone who needs svg icons would likely already have it
installed.

As always, there's a tradeoff between dependencies and duplication of
effort. As discussed before, fully implementing the SVG spec is a load
of work no one really wants at the moment.

rephorm