Re: [E-devel] E CVS: apps/e raster

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 00:44:16 +0800 Stafford Horne <shorne@softhome.net> babbled:

> On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 23:51:24 +0900
> Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <raster@rasterman.com> wrote:
>
> > eh? you mean with xinerama enabled or not? with no xinerama edge flip works
> > fine. with xinerama it doesn't auto-disable edge flip for the axis along
> > which screens share a boundary (or zones). currently it IS flipping.
>
> I understand, Right now, with no xinerama AND edge flipping disabled, it will
> disabled edge flipping (when dragging windows AND when just moving the mouse
> to the edge of the screen).

that's how it's meant to work - ad that is still edge flipping :)

> I mean no xinerama AND edge flipping disabled.   I want it to flip edges ONLY
> when dragging windows.

then what you be wanting is... a different feature/option :)

> I like this behavior because:
> 1. when I have my mouse button down AND I am dragging a window I know where I
> am navigating the mouse, and if I go to the edge of the screen it is on
> purpose. I know where I want to take the window, I DO want it to flip.
> 2. when the mouse button is not down and I accidentally hit the mouse off to
> the edge of the screen I DONT want it to flip.
>
> The behavior used to be like this.  However it was probably considered a bug
> that edge flipping policy was not being fully enforced.

correct :)

> I am just asking how this "BUG" was fixed in the past so I can take the time
> to make it into another optional "feature".

yes - gotcha. i filed a different bug though :) it still is enabled with
xinerama when dragging (and that is a problem).

> Do you know what I mean man?

yes :) umm.. there are 4 windows a zone handles that are input only windows at
the edges of the screen - on a mouse in a timer is used to determine normal edge
flip (no dragging). there is another function called e_zone_flip_coords_handle
() that is called on every mouse move during a window move to see if the mouse
is at the edge and then do the same timer thing, since during a mouse move the
mouse is grabbed and wont enter the input only windows, thus 2 codepaths :)