Re: [E-devel] E CVS: apps/e raster

On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 23:51:24 +0900
Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <raster@rasterman.com> wrote:

> eh? you mean with xinerama enabled or not? with no xinerama edge flip works
> fine. with xinerama it doesn't auto-disable edge flip for the axis along which
> screens share a boundary (or zones). currently it IS flipping.

I understand, Right now, with no xinerama AND edge flipping disabled, it will disabled edge flipping (when dragging windows AND when just moving the mouse to the edge of the screen).

I mean no xinerama AND edge flipping disabled.   I want it to flip edges ONLY when dragging windows.

I like this behavior because:
1. when I have my mouse button down AND I am dragging a window I know where I am navigating the mouse, and if I go to the edge of the screen it is on purpose. I know where I want to take the window, I DO want it to flip.
2. when the mouse button is not down and I accidentally hit the mouse off to the edge of the screen I DONT want it to flip.

The behavior used to be like this.  However it was probably considered a bug that edge flipping policy was not being fully enforced.

I am just asking how this "BUG" was fixed in the past so I can take the time to make it into another optional "feature".

Do you know what I mean man?

--
                        Stafford M. Horne
Senior Engineer                                 高级工程师

        (Website) http://shorne.homelinux.com/wordpress (网站)