Re: [E-devel] Strange maximize...

On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 22:57:50 +0900
Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <raster@rasterman.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 15:43:18 +0200 Anders Troback
> <enlightenment@troback.com> babbled:
>
> > On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 20:58:08 +0900
> > Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <raster@rasterman.com> wrote:
> >
> > > On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 13:14:24 +0200 Anders Troback
> > > <enlightenment@troback.com> babbled:

> > > put the gnome panel on an edge of the screen. it is not intended
> > > to be in the middle - e is simply treating the gnome panel window
> > > the way it wants to be treated.
> >
> > Then I'm forced to have the panel on the top edge and not at the
> > bottom as I like to, as a E user I'm not used to get forced to
> > do thing:-( Looks like I have to find another way of showing my tray
> > icons. To bad that you "gave up" the iTry module...
>
> in your screenshot the gnome panel was in the middle of the screen
> (on the leftish side) with a gaim icon and something else in it.
>
> > Hey, I'm not that stupid:-D Normally I keep the panel on the bottom
> > and not in the middle, that was just to show you guys the behavior,
> > not much to see if the windows are of screen!
>
> thats how maximize works - it resizes edges of a window in certain
> directions until they hit a screen edge OR a window that it shouldn't
> maximize over or a gadget or a shelf - it happens to decide to try
> horizontal maximizing first then expand vertically (and then it
> can't). you are simply giving it a "silly case" to handle. if you
> panel was at the bottom, top left or right edges of the screen it'd
> be working fine.

No it will not!!! As soon as the panel are at the bottom I can't
maximize the windows at all, the are disappearing and the only way to
close them are to use the ctrl-del-w and close!!! If the panel are on
the left/right edge the panel creates an hidden "roof" so all my apps
are moved down under that roof as soon as I maximize the window!