Re: [E-devel] Strange maximize...

On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 15:43:18 +0200 Anders Troback <enlightenment@troback.com>
babbled:

> On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 20:58:08 +0900
> Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <raster@rasterman.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 13:14:24 +0200 Anders Troback
> > <enlightenment@troback.com> babbled:
> >
> > > Aha, but sins I want it on the bottom of my screen the Maximize
> > > hide my windows:-)
> > >
> > > Any workaround or suggestions?
> >
> > put the gnome panel on an edge of the screen. it is not intended to
> > be in the middle - e is simply treating the gnome panel window the
> > way it wants to be treated.
>
> Then I'm forced to have the panel on the top edge and not at the
> bottom as I like to, as a E user I'm not used to get forced to
> do thing:-( Looks like I have to find another way of showing my tray
> icons. To bad that you "gave up" the iTry module...

in your screenshot the gnome panel was in the middle of the screen (on the
leftish side) with a gaim icon and something else in it.

> Hey, I'm not that stupid:-D Normally I keep the panel on the bottom and
> not in the middle, that was just to show you guys the behavior, not
> much to see if the windows are of screen!

thats how maximize works - it resizes edges of a window in certain directions
until they hit a screen edge OR a window that it shouldn't maximize over or a
gadget or a shelf - it happens to decide to try horizontal maximizing first
then expand vertically (and then it can't). you are simply giving it a "silly
case" to handle. if you panel was at the bottom, top left or right edges of the
screen it'd be working fine.