Re: [E-devel] new taskbar module

On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 13:56:20 -0700 shadoi <shadoi@nanovoid.com> wrote:

> Hannes Janetzek wrote:
> > Am Fri, 4 Aug 2006 17:57:43 -0700
> > schrieb Blake Barnett <shadoi@nanovoid.com>:
> >
> >> On Aug 4, 2006, at 5:58 PM, Hannes Janetzek wrote:
> >>
> >> - User opens an image editing/viewing application.
> >>    - Taskbar changes to a new mode and displays things like:
> >>      - A small "slideshow" or bar of recently edited/viewed images
> > eaps should store mime-types of the applications for this to work.
> > I would appreciate to have this.
>
> I'm not sure if this is part of the new fsel?  I'll have to look at
> the code.
>

> >>      -A group of tools that the user put in place that they like
> >> to have handy when editing images.
> > One could use the menu of the favourite category to which the task
> > icon belongs :)
>
> Yes, I like that.  :)

This is starting to sound like the onefinger idea I mention
sporadically.  I should revisit that now, see if it's implementation is
any better.  It's a sourceforge.net project I think.  Last time I
looked it was a terrific idea, but a really lousy implementation.

Basically the idea is to keep track of what the user actually does,
then present them with the applications / options / etc that they use
most of the time when they are looking at some particular item.
Onefinger implements it as a big ugly python GUI that wraps the shell.
It's worth looking at onefinger, as my description doesn't do the
concept any justice.