Re: [E-devel] E submenu placement

Hisham Mardam Bey wrote:

> On 8/5/06, Koen Kooi <koen@dominion.kabel.utwente.nl> wrote:
> >
> > Kevin Brosius schreef:
> > > So, who is working on e menus at the moment?  Am I stepping on any toes
> > > if I commit stuff like this?
> > >
> > > The attached patch prevents submenus from being drawn off the right side
> > > of the screen.
> >
> > You are a hero! The whole 'menus go offscreen' thing has been annoying
> > me since I installed e17 on my 800x600 psion netbookpro last week.
> >

> Offscreen menus can slide in if you "push" against the offscreen edge.
> Turning this into an option for E would be a good idea.

Yeah, thanks for showing me that on irc.  I hadn't seen that behavior in
so long I didn't discover it again on my own.

It would be handy if the off screen menu had some visual indication of
the possible slide behavior.  Maybe a grayed edge, or some little arrow
indications, or such.  Does that sound interesting to anyone?

--
Kevin