Re: [E-devel] new taskbar module

Am Fri, 04 Aug 2006 23:59:30 +0200
schrieb Sebastian Dransfeld <sebastid@stud.ntnu.no>:

> Hannes Janetzek wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I made a taskbar module based on ibox.  The functionality is
> > convenient: icons have a menu for the most common task like closing
> > max/minimize, set sticky, etc. Dragging icons out of the bar brings
> > the apps from other desktops to the current desktop.  Further
> > details can be found in the README.
> >
> > http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~jeff/itask.tar.gz
> >
> > this patch needs to be applied to e17before
> > http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~jeff/border-title-change.patch
>
> Have you implemented the "Allowed actions" stuff from netwm too?
> Would be nice :)

hm, I don´t exactly know what you mean with "Allowed actions". The
menu is basically a stripped down version of the border menu with all
its restrictions for different window types, like no maximize option
for windows that can´t be maximized.
I didn´t  include the different maximize options, since I´ve never used
them. For me the menu should only have the most often used funtions,
but everyone is free to include the functions he or she needs. This
should be made as config options.

It would be great to have some feedback what others think is needed for
a taskbar. common give it a try :)

btw is it planned to include a help dialogs in e17? For now I put the
help in the about dialog, which is certainly not the best place.

Hannes