Re: [E-devel] Evas and the framebuffer

On 8/4/06, jose_ogp@juno.com <jose_ogp@juno.com> wrote:

> >        Just to mildly change the subject here:  Did you ever
> > get that evas 'canvas' object, or subcanvas whatever, worked out?
>
> no, not at all. i just emulate it using a smart object. don't know
> if its useull beside my use case.

        Oh well.. :(  Maybe it can be done a bit later.

> btw, i have a version of evas totally reorganized (headers, dirs,
> support to build engines outside evas) and some additions to
> support an object engine (usefull for things like evoak) as i
> noticed on a previous mail, evas will change in a while, does my
> changes will be usefull? if so i can contribute them.

        Engine funcs will change, and other internal aspects as well..
Also, the api's semantics will move to premul data/colors.

        Support for building engines outside evas?.. as in engine
modules outside the evas cvs tree?.. ie. you have something like
support for paths-to-engines? I guess that could be useful for
independently developing engines for use with evas.

Indeed, is usefull to develop engines without being part of evas main tree.

        What do you mean by an "object engine"?

Its the abstraction needed to make evoak work, its a special type of
engine. For example all the evas_object_* are redirected to the engine
function so evoak (the engine) can send the request to the server.

   jose.