Re: [E-devel] Evas and the framebuffer

On 8/3/06, jose_ogp@juno.com <jose_ogp@juno.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have several ideas/issues with the framebuffer and evas
> (also ecore_fb):

> I send this to know your opinions before i do any changes to the
> current code.
> best regards,
>
> turran

        So, you'd like to change the semantics of the evas_fb
engine and ecore_fb initialization mechanisms.. or add extra
initializing functions or.... ???

yes, both. change the semantics of evas_fb and ecore_fb and also add
initilization parameters specially to ecore_fb if the input subsystem
isnt split from ecore_fb.

        Just to mildly change the subject here:  Did you ever
get that evas 'canvas' object, or subcanvas whatever, worked out?

no, not at all. i just emulate it using a smart object. don't know if
its useull beside my use case. btw, i have a version of evas totally
reorganized (headers, dirs, support to build engines outside evas) and
some additions to support an object engine (usefull for things like
evoak) as i noticed on a previous mail, evas will change in a while,
does my changes will be usefull? if so i can contribute them.

   jose.