Re: [E-devel] E17 'todo'

On 7/31/06, The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler <raster@rasterman.com> wrote:

for tweening transitions. this is tough. if start and end gradients dont have
the same control points (number, position) what do you do? do you try and merge
control points? or do you do a merged overlay of all control points so the
intermediat grad is a superset of all control points (exact duplicates removed)
and then just linear interp the colors of these control points (and calculate
their rgba from their appropriate positions in the start and end grdients). i
would say that is what you want... :)

 Well, I'm not really familiar with graphics programming concepts, but I do wonder what is it about gradients that makes them so important to calculate (as opposed to just using an image)

Yes, I know that calculated gradients will scale better than an image ever will, but I don't see a really compelling reason to use gradients instead of images from a user perspective.

It's far easier to just open a graphics editor, select the gradient tool and create an image, as opposed to worrying about control points and directions and whatnot.

Can someone please explain to me what is so good about having evas create the gradients?

--
Chady 'Leviathan' Kassouf
http://chady.net/