Re: [E-devel] E17 'todo'

On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 10:36:29AM +0900, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 00:37:42 GMT "jose_ogp@juno.com" <jose_ogp@juno.com>
> babbled:
>

> > 	As part of a recent cvs commit of various e "TODO" stuff,
> > Carsten writes:
> >
> > > * bg needs a gradient dialog that can take a set of pre-drawn
> > >   png's and edc recipies and use colored rects and overlayed
> > >   png's recolored with color options to create vertical,
> > >   horizontal, radial etc. gradients quickly and save to an edc
> >
> > 	After reading this a couple of times, I had a beer and then
> > read it again a couple of more times... I still have absolutely NO
> > idea what the heck this means! :) :)
>
> so you can define gradients for a bg - but store the saved config in a .edj
> file. use an imag with a pre-rendered alpha->white gradient (horz, vert,
> radial) then use a bg rect for one color and set the color of the gradient
> image object to determine the 2nd color for the gradient - and then just
> properties (scale, tile, which image, where and the 2 colors). a quick way for
> users to get a gradient bg that they can share with friends, other computers
> etc. just like images in .edj files. identical mechanism.

Wouldn't it more sense to add evas gradient support to edje?

E.g. something like:

  collections {
    group {
      name: "grad_test";
      parts {
        part {
          name: "grad";
          type: GRADIENT;
          description {
            gradient {
              angle: 90;
              spread: 1;
              color: 255 255 255 255 0; // r g b a distance
              color: 0 0 0 0 1;
            }
          }
        }
      }
    }
  }

which would result in something like:

http://rephorm.com/files/dump/edje_grad.png

(actual screenshot)

I still have a bit more to add and test, but looks fairly straightforward.
The only question would be how to transition between states on a GRADIENT part.
Do we actually try to calculate a transition gradient? This would be straightforward if the control points were at the same distances. For others, it gets more complex (would need get the union of control point locations for both sides, and then interpolate from there). Shouldn't be unreasonable though.

--
rephorm