Re: [E-devel] E17 'todo'

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 00:37:42 GMT "jose_ogp@juno.com" <jose_ogp@juno.com>
babbled:

> 	As part of a recent cvs commit of various e "TODO" stuff,
> Carsten writes:
>
> > * bg needs a gradient dialog that can take a set of pre-drawn
> >   png's and edc recipies and use colored rects and overlayed
> >   png's recolored with color options to create vertical,
> >   horizontal, radial etc. gradients quickly and save to an edc
>
> 	After reading this a couple of times, I had a beer and then
> read it again a couple of more times... I still have absolutely NO
> idea what the heck this means! :) :)

so you can define gradients for a bg - but store the saved config in a .edj
file. use an imag with a pre-rendered alpha->white gradient (horz, vert,
radial) then use a bg rect for one color and set the color of the gradient
image object to determine the 2nd color for the gradient - and then just
properties (scale, tile, which image, where and the 2 colors). a quick way for
users to get a gradient bg that they can share with friends, other computers
etc. just like images in .edj files. identical mechanism.

> 	And hey, where is the todo item about converting e_wm to
> use 'engines' for its widgetry stuff.. :)

there isn't :) not for e17 anyway. :)