Re: [E-devel] engage is ready for composite

Am Sun, 30 Jul 2006 22:55:37 +0900
schrieb Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <raster@rasterman.com>:

> On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 14:29:29 +0000 Hannes Janetzek
> <rastamasta@gmx.de> babbled:
>
> > Am Sat, 29 Jul 2006 20:31:10 +0900
> > schrieb Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <raster@rasterman.com>:
> >
> > > On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 10:38:01 +0000 Hannes Janetzek
> > > <rastamasta@gmx.de> babbled:

> > > correct - shaped and alpha are mutually exclusive. you woudl need
> > > to manually generate a shape mask and set the input event mask
> > > (new addition to shape extn) to what u want... ie - what u want
> > > isnt supported in ecore/evas.
> >
> > hm, I did it manually but the window still gets focus when the
> > pointer is on the not masked area... I think I have to dig deeper
> > into this.
>
> ooh because it's a managed window and the wm (e) will not understand
> anythng about event shapes - it only handles traditional shapes. so
> you need to set the shape to  the largest region in which you will
> draw pixels (otherwise they might get chopped off/clipped away). e
> doesn't know about event shapes so it wont do it for you :(

ok, for this case it isn´t really needed. Shape changes on every zoom
step is in any case to much overhead. Now i just change the
InputShape at mouse in / out. With an override window it works well.

So I finished my composite option for engage. it is not perfect, but if
one of the developers would have a look at it I will send it as patch.

Regards,
Hannes