Re: [E-devel] does alpha_set work together with shaped_set?

Am Sat, 29 Jul 2006 20:31:10 +0900
schrieb Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <raster@rasterman.com>:

> On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 10:38:01 +0000 Hannes Janetzek
> <rastamasta@gmx.de> babbled:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I´m trying to make engage work in a composite environment.
> > Everything works fine so far. The Problem is when I use set_alpha
> > and then set_shaped, the whole window still recieves input events.
> > Does shape_set not work if the window was set up to use alpha
> > channel? If so, have somebody an idea how to work around this?
>
> correct - shaped and alpha are mutually exclusive. you woudl need to
> manually generate a shape mask and set the input event mask (new
> addition to shape extn) to what u want... ie - what u want isnt
> supported in ecore/evas.

hm, I did it manually but the window still gets focus when the
pointer is on the not masked area... I think I have to dig deeper
into this.

Have you seen any documentation on the ShapeInput option?
As far as I understand it it should work just like ShapeBounding
- XShapeCombineMask for ShapeBounding gives only mouse events to the
window in the masked area AND make the not masked area fully
transparent. XShapeCombineMask for ShapeInput should do only the former,
right?

Or could it be possible that the wm has to know about ShapeInput to set
focus correctly ?

btw. Is it wanted that in _ecore_evas_x_render()
ecore_x_window_shape_events_select() gets such a complex second
argument if the only thing that it constantly should say is turn on /
turn off ?  Also to me it looks like it says turn on twice.

Regards,
Hannes