Re: [E-devel] UPDATE: Re: [e-users] E17 coding funds: ...

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 09:48:36 +0900 Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman)
<raster@rasterman.com> wrote:

> they want ibar to be easier to configure - removing icons is easy.
> adding them
> - not so much. we have a todo item that solves this (access to ALL
> apps - then dnd from there to ibar). hook this dialog in from ibar
> (right menu) control panel and maybe man menu and presto. also some
> feedback lettign you know an icon was deleted from ibar when u dnd it
> out would be good - not just it vanishing. also as i mentioned before
> - maybe its time we just it the bullet and supported .desktop files
> for apps for ibar/menus etc - the problem is we are treating icons
> like .desktop+png files - everyone wants to treat them that way. no
> one wants to make things that can use the power of edje for icons -
> so may as well give up and just add the ability to use edje files for
> the icon image as a bonus.

Obviously I'm up for the .desktop/menu file stuff, since I've already
started on that in the e17genmenu rewrite.  A better menu editor is
on my TODO list, supporting ibar and everything else that uses .order
files would be trivial after that.  A better built in eap editor is
something raster convinced me to do, but that may have been done
already, I haven't given it the once over since.